Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's gonna get REAL.

First of all, I'm trying to write this post & I got hit in the boob with an orange spiky kids ball toy. And that, my friends, is why this blog is a necessity. I'm Renae. A wife to a wondrous redhead (Kdog), a mom to four astoundingly perfect children (I know, right?!?), a sister (who is as equally amazing & non-flawless as myself), & most importantly, a child of the Risen King, whom I serve passionately. I'm a stay at home Mom who tries to laugh at farts, wipe butts, kiss boo-boos, & whimsically mop the floor in yoga pants & fairy wings. Wait. What?!?  


And I'm the other sister, Denyse. I'm older but I don't look it. Yet. I'm wife to a politics and statistics junkie. I'm mother to two funny, incredibly smart, beautifully creative, and delightfully sassy children. (I have no idea where they get that.) By day I serve as a 3rd grade teacher at our neighborhood elementary school.  This job, in addition to raising my children, is my purpose for being on this earth. I love children. I love learning. And I love teaching. By night I try to balance homework, extra curricular activities, and make sure everyone at least eats a little something. My passion is leading worship at our church. I love to sing. I love Jesus. And I'm eternally grateful that He forgives me for being lazy, selfish, judgmental, and jealous. But I'm also blessed to pieces that He has taught me how to be everything I am today which, I've come to believe, is pretty wonderful. I'm learning to see myself as He sees me: a breathtaking piece of artwork...that isn't quite finished yet.

This blog is our way to parallel the lives of two moms who happen to have different professions yet happen to be sisters!! We are both doing the exact same thing in life. We're going about it both exactly the same and exactly differently all at the same time. The bottom line is that we're Training Up Hearts: raising up children to follow Jesus.😁                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

There are some powerful words to assist us in 'Training Up Hearts'. The Lord promises that if we (as parents) teach our children about Him & plant the seed of His grace & love through salvation, that our children will not part from His word. 

Now, lets get REAL. 

There is so much sin. We are a fallen people. Tempted by lots of different vices and voices. 

Training up Hearts is HARD. There will be lots of trying times. Many. Guaranteed. 

But there will be some amazing moments too. And beautiful things are going to happen. 

Through storms & praises, to ballet class & baseball games..from first crushes to broken hearts...

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6 ESV)

We pray our children are BOLD. We pray that they will stand firm in their faith and have the knowledge of the love of Jesus to help guide their choices. 

Ok, so lets get REAL again.

Kids lose their minds. And then they jump off tall rock walls & break things. Or they run really fast down a hill in flip flops & bust their toenail off their big toe. Or put off peeing when they have to and then end up peeing on themselves at Pirate Cove putt putt. Or do naked somersaults into night stands in a hotel room and bust their head. (And this is only ONE of our kids. Who is only 5.). It is going to get REAL.

But it will be the most amazing adventure. And we will love every second of it (Pfssssssst. Yeah). 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2 ESV)

1 comment:

Translate