Monday, September 1, 2014

The Routine

I am a lover of routine.

This time of year is my favorite because I get to organize a classroom, plan lessons, create templates, make schedules, stock my pantry, pack lunches, match up freshly laundered clothing...

And then 21 or so little people come marching with enthusiasm into my classroom and I get to teach them to organize their binders and their notebooks and their tool boxes...and their minds.

I love.

Clearly, I love me some Thirty-One.

 

I do better and I AM BETTER when I am in the zone. I am on my game, I am productive, I am feelin' it. I can organize, I can plan, I can produce, I can lead, and I can step in and help.

But Father, I ask you this year to let me live in my routine without becoming a creature of habit. Allow me to live in the process and not just in the product. Let me live in relationships and help me build them in healthy ways.

Help me to be the best me for my family, my friends, my coworkers, and my church...and ultimately for YOU and YOUR KINGDOM.

Slow me down when I need slowing down, but just enough that I can use every gift you have given me. I am forever thankful for your love and your example in Jesus Christ. 

Help me to say NO when it is time.

I am so thankful for the blessing of health this year. Oh, so thankful. I pray for health in our family to be sustained and for those who are sick or healing. You are the one and only True Healer.

Let me hear You in every breath I take and live out your LOVE in every action. And help me forgive myself in the times when I fail.

In Jesus name, AMEN.

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. ~John 15:2

27"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.29"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.…  ~Matthew 11:1-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate