Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This is not a laughing matter. Or is it?!?

I know I've said this before...

There are moments in time as a Mom you just throw up your hands and shrug your shoulders because that's all you can do...

And then you laugh. A lot.

I feel like these moments have happened to me a lot in the past few weeks. So, of course, it's only appropriate to share.

This really starts back in 1986. I was in the prime tooth pulling stage and very enthralled with the tooth fairy...who unexplainably forgot to visit me on many nights of my tooth extractions!!! 

GASP!!!

I've since given my mother massive amounts of crap about this exclaiming 'how on earth could you forget?' (You poor lazy woman!!). And her reply 'I was tired, Renae. It happened.' (She also has a reputation of head locking children to rip out their teeth. But THAT is a different blog all together).

WHAAAAAT?!?!

Fast forward to February 11, 2014. 

I'm watching my second born son as he talks to me and notice his top tooth flapping while he talks...

That right there is grounds for removal. Ready or not. (OH CRAP. I'm becoming my mother...).

15 minutes later the tooth is out!!! (I may or may not have stradled that child pinning his arms to rip out his flappy tooth.). 

He is certainly going to need therapy over that. However, he won't know that for many more years. Right now he's rejoicing at his toothless reflection in the bathroom mirror!



In case you forgot...we have four kids.

And guess what? 

That night...

I was tired.

GASP!!

We awoke to rustling & chaos. I heard the dreaded words 'the tooth fairy didn't leave me any money!!'

I sat up in bed yelling profanity. (It's true. Don't judge me.).

So, before those little feet could clomp down the hall I rushed out of bed & reached into K-Dog's dresser. I fumbled open his wallet...

[Side note: I am blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses].

I squinted to see it wasn't just a dollar bill, ripped it out of his wallet and flung the crisp money into the hallway as it landed so amazingly at the top of the staircase.

This Momma hopped back into bed pretended to be asleep & am 'awakened' to squeals of joy...'Oh, here's my money from the tooth fairy!!'

SCORE!!!!!! My stealth-like moves & quick reflexes have saved the day.

Take. That. Mom. Heh heh.

As I stagger down the stairs I overhear a conversation...

I can't be hearing it correctly. 

But then as I turn the corner I am greated by the cutest toothless smile I've ever seen holding a TEN DOLLAR BILL.

FAIL.

My life is a comedy of errors. And, I'm ok with that. I couldn't dream this stuff up if I tried. 

You know, we took our daughter to Disney last week. And let's say it together:

'It isn't a trip to Disney without a Keffer puker!!'

We were making fun of that at breakfast one morning as K-dog took a picture of the infamous urinal Benny P yacked in last year...

And then...Divalicious tossed her cookies on a BOAT to Epcot. But hey, if you're going to puke in public I'm you're girl! Nobody even knew it happened except the people sitting behind us. It did ruin a rain poncho & jacket. No more details. I'll spare your stomachs. But she did get a cute new jacket...

If you take away anything from reading today please hear this: laugh at yourself. At your kids. Take a deep breath and know each day is one more chance to show your kids that God made us to love & be joyful. There are so many moments I wish I could just freeze in my memory (puking is NOT one if them). 

We are molding our children by our behavior and how WE react to chaos. Breathe. Exhale. Take a gander at perspective. 

Or just think of me. Because certainly you aren't in as many debacles (or maybe you are!!).

Listen, I have more debacles to share but your eyes must be tired from reading. 

I'll leave you with a teaser about my Zumba class...The teacher was a cross between a gymnast and exotic dancer. She had PROPS and everything. If I thrusted my hips one more time I was going to either throw out my back or have to get down on my knees & ask for forgiveness...


“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. (Matthew 6:34 MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate